Don’t get me wrong, I love butter but I decided to sub out for sunflower seed oil for a change. Rich in antioxidant, vitamin E, it’s sure to be on your feel-good list! This dairy-free cookie is a great to start your day with a jolt of cocoa and a bit ‘o oats!
Can I add something? Happy Registered Dietitian Day!!!
Yields: 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sunflower seed oil
- 1/3 cup (50 g) organic sugar
- 1/2 T vanilla extract
- 1 T soy milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 1 T (150 g) AP flour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil and sugar together.
- Add vanilla, egg, salt and soy milk. Whisk till combine.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and oats. Stir.
- Using hands, roll out 12 little balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake in oven for 7-11 minutes.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and a good book!
T = tablespoon & t = teaspoon