The pumpkin pie enthusiasm has begun. I consider it safe to begin posting about pumpkin after Starbucks releases its pumpkin spice latte! And it seems to come earlier each year. This year there was Halloween candy in the grocery isle even before Labor Day was here.
Here is a pumpkin idea that won’t break the calorie bank and deliciously good for you.
The original recipe is by Michele-Foley on fitsugar.com.
- 1/2-3/4 cup pumpkin, (either canned or fresh) frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
(Note, usually the night before I throw a peeled banana and the pumpkin in separate plastic bags and freeze it)
- Throw pumpkin, banana and remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Add a fun straw and drink up!