Filling. Delicious. Easy. Can it get any better than that? Oh, and its healthy too!
Pop these guys in the oven for an easy dinner tonight!
What you’ll need:
- 5 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1 cup Mozzarella part skim 2% shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 packages of frozen spinach, drained and squeezed
- dash of salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 F and line one cookie tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2) Sautee onion and garlic in frying pan on stove top.
3) Snap cap off of each portobello and using a spoon, gently scrape the underside, or gills, of it out. Discard. Place portobellos on lined cookie sheet.
4) In a large bowl, place spinach, ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, panko crumbs, rice, tomatoes, sautéed onions, garlic and lastly salt and pepper. Stir.
5) Fill each portobello with spinach mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
6) Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until cheese starts to bubble.
I served the stuffed mushrooms with a tomato & hearts of palm salad.